IGNORED

Date Code Help

jfa.series1

Yes, December 1969 production-dating QC stamps, and the top number will usually signify the day of the month.

Many Japanese companies used a similar QC dating system in that period. In the case of the door catch mechanisms on these cars, they were usually made for Nissan by OHI SEISAKUSHO Co. Ltd. in Yokohama.

• Like 2

As Nissan sourced many parts from outside companies it meant enterprising parts houses in the USA could source the parts directly rather than from Nissan. World Parts, Beck Arnley, Lazorlite were some of them that actively sold parts for the 240Z, and many others Asian cars, in the North American Market.

Once you have the parts cross reference numbers its easy to find what you need through EBay and Craigslist etc. Sometimes the same Nissan part number is also used. The other day I got a rebuild kit for the rear brake cylinder on my 8/1970 240Z, Nissan # 44100 E4127, off EBay. The Lazorlite part number was identical to the Nissan one and in the box were Tokico parts just as were originally used on my 240Z. Amazing how you can still find NOS parts for our cars. I've also sourced suspension bushes, wheel bearings, seals, from Lazorlite. The front suspension ball joint on the 240Z was made by 555 and supplied to Nissan, they also sold to the US parts houses. I'm slowly building up a cross reference list of the part numbers for the 1970 240Z. I just picked up some inner rear wheel bearings for $15 each. Nachi make them and again they put the same Nissan parts number on the box, #43210 E4100. They are exactly the same as the original ones I just removed from the rear hub carrier.

LZ 240Z 2.jpg

LZ 240Z 1.jpg

N 240Z 1.jpg

Edited by SpeedRoo
  • Like 4