IGNORED

S30 Frame rail thread

JDMjunkies.ch

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me what these two M8x1.25 threaded holes are for? I see them in both the black and gray LH front frame rails above.

image.png

Here is a pic from an old ebay that has them and corresponding holes in the LH end of the lower rad support x-member. I don't see them on my 7/70 HLS30. These holes are on the replacement LF frame rail I have from KF.

image.png

20231029_120137.jpg

In my spare time I have been creating a 3D cad model of my chassis and I have included these holes, I'm just curious about what they for. Here are a few images of my model, it is a work in progress.

1970 HLS30 Partial Chassis_R1 img 001.JPG

1970 HLS30 Partial Chassis_R1 img 002.JPG

1970 HLS30 Partial Chassis_R1 img 003.JPG

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Like 2

That's the attachment point for the towing bracket specific to the HS30-H model Fairlady 240ZG.

The stock short nose towing bracket could not be used on the 240ZG (the lower section of the Grande Nose covered it) so the factory created a 240ZG-specific towing bracket which allowed the tow rope to pass through the nose:

240ZG towing bracket.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, HS30-H said:

That's the attachment point for the towing bracket specific to the HS30-H model Fairlady 240ZG.

The stock short nose towing bracket could not be used on the 240ZG (the lower section of the Grande Nose covered it) so the factory created a 240ZG-specific towing bracket which allowed the tow rope to pass through the nose:

240ZG towing bracket.jpg

Great info, thanks for clearing it up. After looking at images on BaT it looks to me that the extra reinforcement with the M8 x 1.25 threaded holes was added to all chassis production for the '72 model year. Here is an image of from HLS30-43540 (9/71) without the the holes followed by an image from  HLS30-52950 (10/71) that has them.

image.png

image.png

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CanTechZ said:

Great info, thanks for clearing it up. After looking at images on BaT it looks to me that the extra reinforcement with the M8 x 1.25 threaded holes was added to all chassis production for the '72 model year. Here is an image of from HLS30-43540 (9/71) without the the holes followed by an image from  HLS30-52950 (10/71) that has them.

HS30-H model Fairlady 240ZG went on the market in Japan around October 1971, so that would correspond.

• Like 2