IGNORED

Quarter glass trim panel screw

Dave WM

can anyone confirm the type of screw used in the middle of the piller trim? I think i see a screw and washer (machine screw) but mine is missing so now sure.

its the only place that has a small hole on the trim piece the rest uses the rivnuts (plastic).

Dave, I have a 1971 series 1 car, so not sure if what I have would be the same for your 280z.

the original trim screw for my car is a black oxide, self tapping, oval head Philips screw.  The

finish washer is a clear plastic rounded, or dished washer.  The screw measures approx 9mm

of thread length with a total length of approx 13mm.  See photos below.     

Hope this is what you are looking for.

5B92EB67-927B-4471-8507-981B2680AB9D.jpegD935A90D-EB25-4E10-B37E-0A58FFEC1B72.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AZ-240z said:

Dave, I have a 1971 series 1 car, so not sure if what I have would be the same for your 280z.

the original trim screw for my car is a black oxide, self tapping, oval head Philips screw.  The

finish washer is a clear plastic rounded, or dished washer.  The screw measures approx 9mm

of thread length with a total length of approx 13mm.  See photos below.     

Hope this is what you are looking for.

5B92EB67-927B-4471-8507-981B2680AB9D.jpegD935A90D-EB25-4E10-B37E-0A58FFEC1B72.jpeg

Thanks for posting this, my 1970 has the exact same screw and washer on the right side, but it has a self tapping screw on the left side that has an integral washer. Now I know which is correct.

image.png

Strange that this screw and washer is not documented in the parts book.