IGNORED

Removing MSA airdam, spoiler, and side skirts

MM569457

I’ve searched this forum and can’t find the answer I’m looking for. How difficult would it be to remove a fiberglass body kit off of an S30? 

the current kit would need to be repainted, but I prefer the BRE style body kit complete with 240Z style bumpers.

has anyone had any experience in this area.

thanks!

Probably not easy. I would think a good heat gun would be the tool of choice but the car will need to be painted afterwards due to collateral damage...

It's also possible you could use a flap disc on a grinder but exceedingly dusty and you would need to take precautions for your lungs and drift

Edited by Patcon

I originally put my kit on about 20 years ago:

image.png

There were no bumpers underneath.  I since concluded that the side and rear panels were contributing to rusting problems in the metal underneath.  Mine were merely bolted on, so removal was easy.  Reparing the rocker and quarter panel rust was not.  I'll keep the front, but eliminated the sides and rear:

image.png