IGNORED

Dumb dumb dummy!

siteunseen

On 1/5/2022 at 11:16 AM, Racer X said:

One of the single display machines I use for digitizing my vinyl record collection.

What do you use to transfer your vinyl? Do you properly cut the tracks out of a single file per album side? I do still have all my vinyl. I've actually duplicated most of my vinyl on CD. Rip with DBPoweramp. Drive all the music with Logitech Media Server.

Edited by w3wilkes

On 1/7/2022 at 7:22 PM, w3wilkes said:

What do you use to transfer your vinyl? Do you properly cut the tracks out of a single file per album side? I do still have all my vinyl. I've actually duplicated most of my vinyl on CD. Rip with DBPoweramp. Drive all the music with Logitech Media Server.

I have the tape output from the   amp connected to an audio input on a front panel thing that is connected to the sound card on the computer. This avoids needing a preamp for the turntable.

I have Soundforge software to record the album side, completely. Then I process the wav file to remove any pops, clicks and noise. After that I separate the individual tracks, add song titles, album information, etc. and save it all in folders organized by album and artist. I also snag album artwork off the innerwebs, then burn a CD copy for archival purposes.

Finally I copy the music to my iTunes library in mp4.

It is tedious and time consuming, but less risk of getting busted for music piracy.

So far I have about 7,000 songs.