IGNORED

Time to sell the race car

Jeff G 78

Sadly, I just placed a classified add for my 260Z endurance racer.  The car is still in Michigan and I moved to Arizona in March.  I don't have the space or time for the car here and the car needs to be moved in the next few weeks.  The car is at a friend's house and he is getting ready to epoxy the garage floor, so the car must go.  I have no other place to store it, so if you know anybody looking for a track or race car, send them my way.

DSC_1701c.jpg

7 minutes ago, madkaw said:

Damn- wanted something like this , but where to keep it . 
How far is it from being streetable? 

I bought it from your area!

No title is the biggest issue for making it street legal.  The story I got was that it was from Texas and the owner moved to Indiana and took the car with him.  By that time, it was pretty worn out, so it was parked in a barn and he never bothered to get an Indiana title.  After a decade or so, he sold it and it again went into a barn for a decade.  I bought it from that guy in '09.  Could it be titled?  Sure, but it's probably a hassle.  One of my racing teammates threw the dash away along with the still-attached VIN plate when we were building the car, so that might make it harder too.  It does have the stamped-in VIN on the firewall.

As for the rest of the car, there are no horns, turn signals, bright lights, or side marker lights.  They could all be added back I guess.