IGNORED

My 72 240Z at Hershey

VaCat33

Yes, as far as I know the paint is near all original except for the left front fender up near the headlight bucket that needed repaint after a small fender bender back in the 80s. Also had to do a little rust repair on the right dogleg 5-6 years back. I am not the original owner, but I cannot see any evidence that this is not true.

Jim

On 10/10/2021 at 3:30 PM, S30Driver said:

An impressive looking car, thanks for posting.  Even has the correct battery terminalIs and clamps.   Is the paint mostly original?

Consider bringing it to Zcon next year... 

The head judge at ZCON in Colorado Springs said he was working on rules for a Survivor Class in the judging, but its uncertain if that actually occurs for ZCON in Birmingham next year.   

I would definitely like to see a “survivor” class in the Z world. You do not need to reinvent the wheel. The AACA rules and scoring system provide an excellent starting point. From their you can make it as strict or lenient as you wish. I am also Involved in the Sunbeam Tiger world and we just created such a class for our annual gathering. For years nice original cars could not compete with the restored cars because condition was a significant part of the judging. it reached a point where owners of such cars would not enter them in the concours.
 I would suggest making the name of the class something along the lines of “Preservation Class” AACA calls it Historical Preservation of Original Features    Class (HPOF). In the Sunbeam world we call it the Rootes Preservation Class (Rootes was the parent company that made Sunbeams.) Regardless of name, the Z world definitely needs such a class.

Jim