IGNORED

Parts Wanted: Need a bell housing from an FS5W71B 5 speed

inline6

Need a bell housing from an FS5W71B 5 speed

I am putting a 240sx transmission in my Z and would like a FS5W71B bell housing to do the swap.  Looks like a bell housing from pretty much any Datsun/Nissan 5 speed from 75-83 will be right.  Also, I would like one of these in the pic.  Not sure what you call it, but it does something with the shifting rods.

ztrans.JPG

• Advertiser
    inline6
  • Date
    07/25/2021
  • Price
  • Category
  • Year
  • Model
    240z

That picture you show is from the tail housing, not the front case.  It's the "reverse check sleeve".

Four speed front cases/bells will work also.  You might have to drill a new hole for the reverse switch.  Easier to find a four speed case.

image.png

So, two separate requests - for a bell housing to mod for the SX trans swap, and I need a replacement "reverse check sleeve" for a spare 280ZX trans I have.  I only included a pic of the reverse check sleeve.  I have a spare 4 speed bell housing, but I would prefer a 5 speed one so I don't have to drill a hole for the reverse switch in a thin area of the casting.  

Hmmm,  I guess I could add an aluminum boss to that area of the casting...

Edited by inline6