IGNORED

Vin look up?

Oilking53

Hey everyone, I’ve been trying to find out how many people have owned my Z before me and it seems to be more difficult due to the S30’s only having an 11 digit vin. Just wanted to see if there was a way to find out what number owner I am. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's doubtful. You'd have to find people at the DMV willing to research the title, and if it changed states, that means working with another DMV (or several) to research the title. That's providing they would even do such a task.

• Agree 1

Dang I was afraid it would be something like that and “asking” the DMV to do anything LOL. As far as I know the car was originally from NY seeing how that’s where I bought it from and it’s been in TX for 20 years. Thanks for the info, I just was wondering what number owner I am.

1 hour ago, Oilking53 said:

Dang I was afraid it would be something like that and “asking” the DMV to do anything LOL. As far as I know the car was originally from NY seeing how that’s where I bought it from and it’s been in TX for 20 years. Thanks for the info, I just was wondering what number owner I am.

The VIN search question has come up from time to time over the years and I don't recall anyone having any luck with the DMV as a search source.  Unless your car came with some old registration papers in the glove box or maintenance receipts stashed under the seats, you're probably out of luck.  You may want to just consider yourself to be the second owner and continue to enjoy the car for what it is.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks everyone for all your inputs. I’m not super admit about the number of owners. Just something I was thinking about and didn’t know if there was an easy way to find out but does sound like it. No worries at the end of the day I’m just glad to own one of these awesome cars!

• Like 2