IGNORED

Reproduction E-Brake Cable failure -70-78 Z

zKars

On 7/6/2021 at 12:42 PM, zKars said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DATSUN-FAIRLADY-260Z-280Z-PARKING-HAND-BRAKE-CABLE-EMERGENCY-/151459145571
from AK260 above.

I ordered this cable from ebay as suggested above to check it for fitment and quality. 

I am very very impressed. Ordered Jun 23, arrived July 5th. Paid $102.53 CAD shipped and customs fees paid.

Design is nearly identical to the OEM cable. Even came with a new pair of pins for the wheel end. 

@Joseph@TheZStoreI would suggest considering investigating if you can source these cables. Highly recommended them.

That is the one from Thailand I was referring to in my email discussion with you. Unfortunately he doesn't sell wholesale or bulk.

We hope to have some additional options (much less expensive than the actual reproduction version we currently sell) available soon.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I wondering if it’s possible to replace the cable and swage end fittings in one of these repro units. I was comparing the one I have to a repro parking brake cable for a newer Nissan, and the newer one has a coated cable, but the swage fittings look the same. The cable appears to be the same diameter.

I’ve seen hand tools for swaging on fittings, but think it is dubious that a hand tool would provide the necessary crushing force to make something that survives repeated pulls of the lever. No one in my area has the right press for this kind of thing.

But if I could find some reliable way of replacing the fittings, I could just put a new cable in the old housing and press it together.

Edited by Matthew Abate