IGNORED

Seat Covers for 02/1971, where to find

UM240

2 hours ago, UM240 said:

Where can i find Seat covers for my 2/1971 240Z that matches the original grain pattern.

Where have you looked so far?  

One source is http://www.zcarparts.com .  However, they are currently out of stock and taking orders.

Do you need to replace/rebuild the seat foam and strapping, too?  My 4/71 240Z is in need of a complete refurb of the seats.  I have new foam and am waiting for upholstery to be back in stock.

4 hours ago, UM240 said:

Yes, thats nomaly my Source and i wrote them, if they will have them back in Stock ... but i got no answer.

So i just have to place an order?

Yes, if you place an order they will NOT charge your credit card until they have stock on hand.  

That way, you lock in a place in line.  I did that in late April and am waiting.  They will notify me before charging my card and shipping.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zed2 said:

I have vast....I mean VAST experience with trying to recover 240Z seats...

Keith, thanks for sharing.  I've owned my Z for 50 years and have reupholstered the seats twice last century.  When my upholstery comes in it will be my first attempt this century.

To quote Yoda, "Do or do not.  There is no try."  

We'll see how my arthritic hands do with it this time.

I am always ready to share the details of my recent conversations with Distinctive Industries, Seatz Manufacturing (Bryan), Motorsport Industries/The Z Store (Greg) and Classic Datsun Motorsports (Les).

Keith

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zed2 said:

I am always ready to share the details of my recent conversations with Distinctive Industries, Seatz Manufacturing (Bryan), Motorsport Industries/The Z Store (Greg) and Classic Datsun Motorsports (Les).

Keith

Hi Keith,

Feel free to share your insights here for the benefit of all.  All tips are appreciated....especially if they help to make the job easier.

Dennis

9 minutes ago, psdenno said:

Hi Keith,

Feel free to share your insights here for the benefit of all.  All tips are appreciated....especially if they help to make the job easier.

Dennis

Dennis,

I prefer not to offer any negative comments in the setting of a public forum.  (Unfortunately, my experience has had it's ups and downs, due greatly to suppliers of products.)

I only extended an offer to personally share recent experiences with you.  However, if you prefer a sanitized summary of my experience I can document that here.

Keith

Edited by zed2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, zed2 said:

Dennis,

I prefer not to offer any negative comments in the setting of a public forum.  (Unfortunately, my experience has had it's ups and downs, due greatly to suppliers of products.)

I only extended an offer to personally share recent experiences with you.  However, if you prefer a sanitized summary of my experience I can document that here.

Keith

No worries.  I thought perhaps your comments were on the process not the vendors.