IGNORED

The Ball Ritual

Zed Head

Does anybody understand the fascination with watching that thing drop to the ground in Times Square?  I have vague memories of trying to figure out what everyone was looking at when I was a kid, watching it on TV (we had bad reception), but have never understood it.  I just saw on the news that New York city is still planning to let a few people gather in Times Square to watch the spherical object drop to the ground.  How many of us are so trained to just keep doing the goofy things we've always done, no matter what?

People are strange.

https://www.timessquarenyc.org/times-square-new-years-eve/nye-history-times-square-ball

Looks like they're going to bring in a few "front line workers" to cover for the VIP party TV show.  What a crock.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/12/31/new-years-eve-times-square-2020/

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

This year is a big ball of crap that is falling.
I never understood it either Cliff. I did the Times Square Ball drop when I was 17. Then had to act like I was in a scene from the movie Escape from NY to get back to Queens. Living in NYC was to worst 2 yrs of my life. Not sure if I told you that I lived there for 2 hrs total, once when I was 11 and again at 17. I was kidnapped in 1981 walking home from school in Queens. Dragged into a car by a man and about 5 mins later I jumped out of the car doing about 35 mph in the on ramp for the Long Island Expressway. I would have probably been rapped, chopped up and left in a dumpster had not I jumped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 2