IGNORED

Chassis number HS30 - 103276

Trex

Originally posted by sjcurtis

Zedrally

Does your 240Z have any features that are outwardly different to standard production as we know it for a 240Z delivered in Aus. Did you get hold of your Z as a going concern,competitive club rally car or did you work it up for the dirt yourself.

c

:classic:

Hi Steve,

I've had the car 5 years now and it's been progressivly worked on up to 2 years ago.

I suspect it was used as a circuit car by a PO as the engine has been worked. Very little else is known about it [unusal, as most known "hot" cars are well known by most others in Melbourne, more than likely it was worked early in it's life and then passed hands several times to owners who had little interest in Competitive Sports].

I've stopped developing this one as CAMS requirements are to stringent for me to keep developement up, instead, I planning to develope a 260 from shell upwards, needless to say I have my eyes open for a suitable donor!

ZedRally, thanks for that. It is always nice to hear the basis for the Z passion. I guess I was just hopping you had been extremely lucky, and another good CAMS Group C car had survived the trees in the southern forests. Does your chassis conform as a 260 or 240 underneath, I take it the additional plating and bashplates are fitted. From the CAMS requirements you must be talking, I have an alloy cage why steel, back to small brakes and carburation.

cheers

Steve :classic:

Steve,

I'll hijack the thread.... briefly!

There are quite a few 240's around doen here that have survived the forests. Many are owned by members of the Historic Rally Association and rarely come out. The Alpine in November will probably have 5 or so rear there heads..hopefully.

Most of the others have been relegated to Tarmac Events, unfortunately.

ROP killed any aspects of my using the 240 in the forest, it was an overkill for older cars down here.

Thankfully the HRA are organising events based around TRE regulatrions [timed to the minute] and have been encouraged by ARCOM to use this as a basis for our own type of rally.

This has been provisional named Historic Navigational Trial or HNT.

This is the first year that several events of this nature have been trialled, only time will tell if the concept is succesfull.

The 240 is a definate 240 underneath, and has been considerably strengthened in those areas as well.

As I mentioned earlier, the change in CAMS regs reluctantly forced me away from further developement on this car.

Mike

• 2 months later...

These late production HS30 are popping out of the woodwork. I came across another late one 2 weekends ago. white with red interior 5speed manual. HS30-103690 09/73. has anyone come across a later build HS30.

cheers

• 7 years later...
These late production HS30 are popping out of the woodwork. I came across another late one 2 weekends ago. white with red interior 5speed manual. HS30-103690 09/73. has anyone come across a later build HS30.

cheers

Hi Steve,

I have HS30-103724 (09/73) and I thought for a while that mine might be the youngest,

but I have also discovered that 'Gareth. J.' on the Auszcar/viczcar.com group

has "November 73, vin 103771"

see http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?topic=6765

<edit> I just realised that I have replied to a 7 year old post!

Edited by GongZ

• 4 years later...

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am in love with the 260z 2+2 but so far I have no luck getting my hands on one of them. Is there by any chance there is one of your knowledge is for sales and you could point me in the right direction? 

Thank you

The 240Z I owned 30 yrs ago had the Chassis number HS30103362 and was registered here in the UK January 1st 1975, I think it was manufactured in 1973 but didn't have any 260Z crossover parts on it.

post-30070-0-74410900-1436113762_thumb.j

Edited by Red7