IGNORED

Parts Wanted: SCAMMER ALERT!!! CZC member GRUDGE

Mat M

SCAMMER ALERT!!! CZC member GRUDGE

Beware of member named GRUDGE. 

Email address is William Russell <sales.critchorpcomputer@gmail.com>

Thought he was legit, as he sent photos of the valves I was looking for.

He took my money through Venmo and then ghosted me. Used a spoofed email for the Venmo account he reported as his wife's account, and the owner of that email address claims she doesn't know anyone named William.

I hope no other member gets screwed like I was.

I can send the email communications to whomever is interested.

• Advertiser
    Mat M
  • Date
    11/19/2020
  • Price
  • Category
  • Year
  • Model
    280zx

That name looks familiar, from years back.  I did a Google on his email, see below.  Looks like he/she/it even does reptile scams.  Anywhere that money can be wired, probably.  Looks like the key is finding pictures that can be re-used.

No offense, but you run an online business.  You should have known.  And why did you use Venmo?  Don't they have recourse for scams.  I thought that was the whole point of Paypal and other online payment companies.  Besides anonymity, which in this case is not good.

Share some details so we can learn how this happened and avoid it.  Used to be the scams were a guy overseas in the military with a car in Las Vegas.  Wire the money, and he'll ship the car for free.

https://venmo.com/

Did you contact Venmo? - https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/articles/235171088-Cancel-Payment

https://www.google.com/search?q=critchorpcomputer&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS862US862&oq=critchorpcomputer&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/13377627-post1.html

Edited by Zed Head

Thanks Head.

Yes, our attempt at a driveline company didn't fly too far for too long. I guess I was blind thinking the CZC community was better than this. Trying to pick up some pieces of this last transaction. 

Thanks for the head's up and info.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mat M said:

Thanks Head.

Yes, our attempt at a driveline company didn't fly too far for too long. I guess I was blind thinking the CZC community was better than this. Trying to pick up some pieces of this last transaction. 

Thanks for the head's up and info.

Don't blame the whole community for one person's, mine, comments.  , Grudge's scam. You still seem injured from getting scammed.  I posted so that other people in the community could avoid the scam, supposedly the very reason that you posted.  We're on the same side.

Posts like yours pop up every now and then and they're very helpful.  What I posted in response shows people how to avoid the same thing happening to them.

Sorry that you ended up paying but I could only remedy that part of your problem by sending you money.  And that wouldn't make sense.

Edited by Zed Head
misunderstanding on my part
  • Like 2

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't blaming you or the community for this asshat's actions. I was trying to answer your question as to why. Yes, I was trying to inform the good bunch of this bad apple. I'm not asking for your money, just for grudge to give me mine back, or send me the parts, rightfully mine, purchased in good faith.

2 hours ago, Mat M said:

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't blaming you or the community for this asshat's actions. I was trying to answer your question as to why. Yes, I was trying to inform the good bunch of this bad apple. I'm not asking for your money, just for grudge to give me mine back, or send me the parts, rightfully mine, purchased in good faith.

That was my fault.  I went straight to the William Russel part and overlooked Grudge.

Looks like he "joined" just to scam you, (I see the post date now.  Same as Grudge's joining like he's waiting for a victim.)  Posted your ad below.

On the good side - you're getting lots of pub.  Somebody here has to have those valves.  @borini63 just posted the other day and he has that kind of stuff.

Edited by Zed Head

He's on the run now though.  Maybe Mike can do some IT magic and find out who it is.  There is an actual Critchcorp Computer in England.  But "William" left out the "c".  Critch orp.  A scammer's trick I'd guess.  Leave out a letter, make it look like a real place.

https://www.cc-computers.com/

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
c p c3po

Head, I saw that too (about the email address), but not until today. 

Thanks for the support guys.

Maybe I should feel honored that someone would actually join this club for the likes of little ol' me!

So it looks like I am still in need of a set of P79 head intake and exhaust valves. Looking for ones that are not "dished", or at least have a decent amount of flat ignition chamber side arrangement kind of like the one in the photo for this thread.

Thanks

Edited by Mat M