IGNORED

Coolant Temp Sensor Adapter

YZFMax

I have plans to convert my 260z to FI in the near future and need to find a solution for the coolant temp sensor.  I found the following adapter which looks interesting, and seems like a decent option without having to change around the thermostat housing.  Has anyone here used this for their FI conversion?

https://www.amazon.ca/Mishimoto-MMWHS-34-BK-Temperature-Sensor-Adapter/dp/B00860GH8A

Just now, SteveJ said:

I believe so. The line was removed, and the port in the t-stat housing was plugged prior to my purchase of the car.

I did the Patton Machine fuel injection last year and found that port handy for coolant temperature sensor.

Perfect, this helps!  Thanks!

I just picked up an intake manifold from a 280z for $50.  I will be taking out the old components and adding a fuel rail which I also purchased.  I'm starting to collect the parts and hopefully start the project next fall.

I will be using the Microsquirt for the ECU.  

When you're looking at how to integrate the wiring, let me know.

By the way, one challenge you will face is the placement of the air intake/air filter. The 280Z core support is different from the 260Z. The 260Z does not have the opening for air intake plumbing to pass through. A friend found this out during his conversion.

1 minute ago, SteveJ said:

When you're looking at how to integrate the wiring, let me know.

By the way, one challenge you will face is the placement of the air intake/air filter. The 280Z core support is different from the 260Z. The 260Z does not have the opening for air intake plumbing to pass through. A friend found this out during his conversion.

This is good to know, thanks!