Fluid Question - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Fluid Question

Featured Replies

As I prepare to replace my clutch master cylinder I thought of a question.  What fluid should we be using for the clutch system in our Z cars?  Just regular old brake fluid?  I've got a couple bottles of Red Line RL-600 full synthetic brake fluid DOT4 that I'm going to put in the brake system...is that good for the clutch system also?

Meet or exceed the SAE spec. (from the FSM)

Fluids.jpg

From the 73 FSM - Dot 3

1 hour ago, SteveJ said:

From the 73 FSM - Dot 3

+1 on DOT 3 for the brakes and clutch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.