IGNORED

Triple Mikuni Mechanic DFW area?

shankeroid

• 6 months later...

The person I recommend is not in your area, you can contact him at email dave@tuning4performance.com  /  his name is Dave Premo PH.925-890-8074 located in Concord,Ca. 94521.

I was having trouble getting my triple Mikuni 44phh tune properly, after speaking to Dave and discussing my Mikuni issues, he diagnosis my issue was the incorrect jettings in my carbs. Dave is also a distubutor for Mikuni parts, which he sold me the jets I needed. I installed the recommended parts and my Mikuni's is running excellent.  Dave is very knowledgeable about getting your Mikuni carbs to perform properly with your engine type. 

My 240z runs great with the Mikuni performing like they should.

I highly recommend Dave to anybody having Mikuni carb issues.

Good luck,

yippi

• Like 1

There was a time i did'nt understand nothing about Hitachi/SU carbs.. now i think they are easy to tune.. come on i hear you say.. a Mikuni is a bit more difficult, and i agree but when you read a lot about tuning you'll get so far that you, if you take your time you will get there.. (with a bit of help from people who have done this before..)

The first thing to do is always.. everything else has to be in good condition..

No air leak in inlet or exhaust.

Valves good adjusted.

Good ignition spark and on time.

Good compression. do always a test in advance.

Good fuel, the right fuel.

work on a clean engine.

And last but not least, ask!  There are no dumb questions, only dumb people that don't ask.. haha.. and make pic's lots of pics if you have trouble with something, pics tell more than a 1000 words  (Who was that.. telly Savalas.. haha..) 

Thanks for the pump-up, DZCG....all good points!

Just wish there was a "Local Mikuni Guru" who I could consult face-to-face who can point me in the right direction and feed me with knowledge of all the tricks.  I will call Dave when I gather up enough good questions to ask.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shankeroid said:

Thanks for the pump-up, DZCG

Your welcome, read a book about carbs and/or take an old one apart and see if you can assemble it again..

Yes i know it takes time to do that but you can later on say you did it yourself!

A guru for everything that would be nice hey...

In 2001 i took apart a Nissan 300zx non turbo engine, i had to use all the letters in the alfabet for only the connections that where on the intake manyfold!!!  Really!  My local garage a Nissandealer had f**ked up the engine by testing it with a loose toothbelt.. and then i said, you stay away from that engine, i rebuild it myself.. they said: you can't build that engine!  I showed then otherwise! 2 weeks later i had it rebuild, started it up at the Nissandealer (i have a lift at home but as they had broken my car, i told them that theire new lift was MINE for the neccessary days it takes to repair my car.  When i started that up, there were 5-6 Nissan tech's around my car looking at a perfect running car! 

In (around..) 2012 so 11 years later someone called me and asked me if i knew the car with numberplate ZN-5 .. .... I said YES! and i asked how does the engine run.. the answer was very good.. i said him i took it apart in 2001 and assembled it then..  For a short time it was quiet on the other side of the line... you mean that you took apart the engine of my car.. i said yes!  And that it was nice to hear that my first Z32 still runs!

So.. what i want to say: if you really want something done, with some time and precision you can make a lot happen!

BTW.. i just checked my old car and it has still a MOT till december 2021!!  NICE !!  (We can look it up in a register for all dutch cars!)

Edited by dutchzcarguy