1975 280z 2+2 will not start - Page 3 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1975 280z 2+2 will not start

Featured Replies

  • Author

No voltage on it when I attempt to crank the engine.

I don't know if the original ignition module is even there.  Don't know what it looks like.

I presume PO is a derogatory remark?

PO means Previous Owner.

I bet the MSD is no good, but that wiring is no day at the beach.

7 minutes ago, iscnetwork said:

No voltage on it when I attempt to crank the engine.

I don't know if the original ignition module is even there.  Don't know what it looks like.

I presume PO is a derogatory remark?

Usually.  Actually it stands for Previous Owner.

The ignition module is down by the fuse box in the cabin.  Passenger side (right side).

You might have to dig in to that ignition switch.  Who knows what you'll find, considering what's in the engine bay.

  • Author

Got it.

Any pictures of what it looks like by chance?

You may be right on the MSD being bad.  It feeds the coil wires.

Thanks for you help, I am out of my league here.

Edited by iscnetwork
when and looked again closer

It looks like the top of an air-cooled cylinder head.  Aluminum, with fins, and a bunch of wires connected.  Can't miss it.

Or maybe this.  They changed somewhere between 74 and 76.

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks, I think I found it. I will have to dismantle a lot of stuff even to see if the wires are still there.

What I need is a 280z next to mine so I could see what is missing or what was butchered. I have 0 problems putting back to stock.  [Especially in times like now.]

 thanks for the pic.

 

already answered

Edited by Dave WM

  • Author

Thanks for the fuel diagram. But I am not to past the "no juice to coil" stage.

 

  • Author

Could someone send me a picture of the Coil & resistor wiring?   (I have the wiring diagram already.)

I can't see that anything was cut away from the harnesses so I am guessing the wires from coil went directly to the coil.

 

thanks.

  • Author

The picture above where the wiring harness was cut and taped together, could someone let me know what was on the end of that originally and where it when?

 

thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.