IGNORED

HLS3056539 1972 240Z {build date 11/71}

Racer X

7 hours ago, Racer X said:

I'm surprised neither of you was sharp eyed enough to notice the pictures aren't of a 240, but rather a 280, the 77 that came with a set of Panasport wheels I bought from the neighbor 18 years ago.

We are such trusting souls here:rolleyes:

Well the 240 doesn't look too bad at all, very straight forward.👍

• Like 2

Nice car! It has cleaned up well. Love the race car too. Have you ever raced in in Spokane? Seems like I saw it at least once at Festival of Speed.

In the FWIW department, this car is the closest production number to mine that I have come across. Mine is 57009, built 12/1971.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrScott said:

Nice car! It has cleaned up well. Love the race car too. Have you ever raced in in Spokane? Seems like I saw it at least once at Festival of Speed.

In the FWIW department, this car is the closest production number to mine that I have come across. Mine is 57009, built 12/1971.

I ran twice at Spokane when IRDC hosted the first two races there about 20 years ago. They were double races, so I actually raced there four times.

The brown Z appears to have been originally registered in Walla Walla county based on the license plate numbering. Back then plates were issued by county, and I feel very confident that the plates on the car when I bought it are the original ones.

Pretty cool yours and mine are so close in production. Do you know where yours was sold new?

Edited by Racer X

• 2 weeks later...

Processed some images I made of the car recently.

A closeup of the factory mismatch of the rear valance and the right quarter panel. The assembly line mechanic managed to get a pucker when spot welding the rear valance and right rear quarter panels together, and simply filled the gap with seam sealer and it was primed and painted.

It has held up well for 48 years.

HLS3056539 1972 240Z by Racer, on Flickr

HLS3056539 1972 240Z by Racer, on Flickr

On 10/14/2020 at 4:02 PM, Racer X said:

I ran twice at Spokane when IRDC hosted the first two races there about 20 years ago. They were double races, so I actually raced there four times.

a58c6d30070326464cf6738528265780ad.jpg?w
Discretion Advised: Wedding Moments Not For Young Eyes
These hilarious wedding fails were caught on camera for us all to enjoy.
bonvoyaged.com

The brown Z appears to have been originally registered in Walla Walla county based on the license plate numbering. Back then plates were issued by county, and I feel very confident that the plates on the car when I bought it are the original ones.

a58c6d30070326464cf6738528265780ad.jpg?w
Discretion Advised: Wedding Moments Not For Young Eyes
These hilarious wedding fails were caught on camera for us all to enjoy.
bonvoyaged.com

Pretty cool yours and mine are so close in production. Do you know where yours was sold new?

I missed those older races. Have been attending the SOVREN races for the last 9 years or so. Always fun to watch.

I remember that old system for assigning license plates by county. Sure made it easy to tell where a car came from. I bought my '72 in Wenatchee, but if my memory serves, he purchased from the original owner in the Puget Sound area.

• Like 1