IGNORED

Red or Yellow Koni Struts?

ToolBoy

Let me know captain if u don’t need the shorter ones if you do no biggie I can make this one work. Mine is a 240z and had the short ones if you have a 280z maybe it’s the longer ones. 

also if people are interested I have a laser cutter I could make a gland nut socket if people are interested. Would be prolly 20$ each or so  plus shipping I could get pics up before  but if no interest not gonna waste my time pm me or post here most likely would be for the kyb nut unless u want to send your gland nut or take good measurements of yours

Ya maybe it’s just the part number on my strut tube but at the bottom have 5d280r on passenger side I hope the 280 doesn’t mean 280z

Edited by Daluvian

11 hours ago, Daluvian said:

Let me know captain if u don’t need the shorter ones if you do no biggie I can make this one work. Mine is a 240z and had the short ones if you have a 280z maybe it’s the longer ones. 

also if people are interested I have a laser cutter I could make a gland nut socket if people are interested. Would be prolly 20$ each or so  plus shipping I could get pics up before  but if no interest not gonna waste my time pm me or post here most likely would be for the kyb nut

Do you have a caliper that you can use to measure the outside diameter of the threads on your damaged nut? That would be the easiest way to talk about them. Length is confusing. Thread diameter is not.

And about your gland nut wrench... Not long ago, I did exactly that and had a peototype wrench head laser cut for the KYB nuts and I have the CAD file I created if you're interested. Mine was just a test part cut out of thinner material (too thin to be really usable), but the outline fit great.

• Agree 1

Well would you look at that! It appears that the 240 DOES have a smaller ID strut tube and a smaller gland nut! I thought they just made the 280 wall thicker, but apparently both OD and ID changed with the 280's.

The point is I have the smaller KYB gland nuts that I'm not going to use because they don't fit my 280.

Using that info, here's what I have:
P1200752.JPG

So do you want just one, or both?

• Like 1

So that brings up a point... You 240 owners who bought the KYB 361002 struts for the front of your car... Don't toss out that larger gland nut that didn't fit your car. There might be a 280 owner out there who could use it!

And vice versa for the 280 owners like me who have small nuts and don't know what to do with them.

• Like 1