IGNORED

Voltage/ Resistance for Coil and Ballast Resistor 1971 240z

Pinbill

Thanks man,  my son and I went for a ride up to evergreen last night. The car rode so nice. I can't believe how good it sounds. It is like a sowing machine. It always had a pop on decel a clacking clackity from the top end. It is real smooth now and the exhaust is very strong and steady at idle. I am glad the distributor took a dump. It was worth it to have Jeff at Winter Racing/ Rallye Sport tune it. I want to give one more plug for the guy because he has helped me a bunch getting the car sorted. He is a very helpful, old school guy who has a small shop and is really good with Datsun motors.

I hope to drive it without incident while stockpiling parts for a glass out repaint, dash swap, clock repair, and gauge refurb. So far I have a windshield, heater core, replacement temp/ oil gauge, and am on the list at vintage dashes.

Thanks again for the help. I will be back in touch when I repaint and redo the dash.

Bill

• Like 2

Excellent.

Not that it really matters, but I'm unclear on what Jeff meant by "it was the wires in the distributor", but like I said, doesn't really matter.  I'm just glad you're fixed.

And looking forward.... I'm gonna be no help whatsoever on any paint questions. Man's got to know his limitations.   LOL