IGNORED

What's your experience with textbook settings for Webers?

I've come across suggested Weber setups by cylinder cc and I'm curious if people have had success when starting with suggested textbook values? The only published Datsun specific values I've found are for 2.4L/2.6L and my L28 has a stroker kit making it 3.0L with the extra lift.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• 45DCOE with 33 or 34 mm choke will be nice for street. 
  • 37 or 38mm for 45DCOE race configuration. 
  • 36mm if you want best choke for 45DCOE carb (not engine matched).

image.png

This site will help you.

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

If you have triple 42DCOE you are a rich man.... they are desired by many with rare Italian cars.... check out selling them and getting a new set of Spanish 40 or 45's (or my fave: SK racing) then depositing a few extra thousand $$$ in the bank!!!

NOS triple 42DCOE ($4500)

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/WEBER-42-DCOE-8-TWIN-CARBURETORS-MASERATI-3500-GT-TRIPLE-SET-NOS-ITALIAN-RARE/293301829962?epid=1025136937&hash=item444a26c14a:g:cG0AAOSwPEddt29S

SK Racing

https://www.oer-carburetor.site/product/3

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

Yeah, I got lucky with the carbs the car came with. $5,000 per carb seems to be the going rate, which is crazy.

Sadly, I'm a sucker for rare and cool things so I'd like to get them working before I sell them for a profit.

• Like 1

Yes, it helps if the No. are similar as they would be manufactured in the same runs to ensure the same internal config/machining.

They are each a No 3G (?), Type 8 (Maserati 3500 GT).

2 progression holes.

No visible makings on the chokes to denote size.

Yep. Liquidate now before the world markets collapse and get rid of debt before interest rates go up AND prepare for inflation.  Few will have extra $$ for toys when the change happens.

For the current stability, my guess is that the Western stock markets are being artificially supported by Western Governments  to prevent a market collapse and China coming in to buy out companies at low prices using cash from their artificially supported financial sector.

It seems there is a cold war in the financial sector going on w/o most noticing.  Last man standing....  Strange how it is not talked about though?

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1