IGNORED

77 280z timing problem ***NEED HELP***

MH77280Z

Guys thanks for all the responses. A seriously dumb question since I am new to this car. Mine was a N47 head so it is either a L28 or L28e cam based on the table. How do you find out if it is L28 or L28e cam?

As L28 was used just once and L28e/L28et was used in many heads. Appreciate.

So guys i just checked the old cam shaft has A1 on it and the one we have put in has A3 on it. Both have no holes on the cams (those are for oil etc. i think in some cams). So seems like we have the right cam based on the table it should be A correct?

Edited by MH77280Z

They're all very similar, changes were probably for emissions.  If it doesn't have holes in it it's not a turbo cam.  The turbos came out well after Nissan went to internal oiling.  A cam with no holes in the lobes needs a spray bar.

All of the L28's in the states are "E".  Electronic fuel injection.

Your main concern with installing a cam is to get good rocker arms on good cam lobes.  You won't see much difference in performance between the variations but you can wipe out a cam lobe pretty easily.

Just a correction so I checked both the cams today and the old and the new one installed both have A2 stamped on it so they are same. Both doesnt have holes.

Will report the timing with distributor advance tomorrow.