IGNORED

Hydraulic vs. Solid Lifters

I am rebuilding a P90A head from an L28 turbo and was confused when I came across the hydraulic lifters. I have not seen these before on a cylinder head so I am wondering what people think about them. I've seen videos of people who do conversions to solid lifters using time-serts but am not yet sure if I want to invest in this. Is it worth it? The hydraulic lifters I currently have seem pretty solid with no play in the pivot. It would be great to hear any thoughts or experiences regarding these hydraulic lifters. Thanks.

There's a procedure for testing them.  They're called pivots.  I've only read of a few problems with them, they can wear out.  You can probably replace them without removing the head, engine in the car, if you have to.

image.png

• 1 month later...

I am running a P90A on my turbo car and so far (4 or 5K miles) no problems at all. First thing you will notice how quiet the engine is. The only limitation I know of (other than you can't get new ones) is you can't run a really big cam (460 lift max I think).

I am looking for another cam for my spare P90A if you have one you want to sell.

Hello Captain, long time no chat. I followed your 280 throttle body rebuild and you helped me rebuild mine with new bushings to fix the sticky throttle.

I will check tomorrow and get back with you.

I have a bunch of turbo parts around here that I'm not going to use. I'll look to see if I have a cam. And even if I do, I don't remember if it's a regrind or stock. I'll check.

Glad to help with the throttle body!   :victorious:   I finally gave up on the S30 throttle body completely and switched over to one from a Sentra.

Daty240, sorry for hijacking your post.

I noticed when people convert to solid lifters they use the same cam, according to this chart there is a difference between the 2 and I would think one can't replace the other, I was told the offset is the main difference between the two, not sure what that really means

Cams.PNG