IGNORED

Hello all Fellow Z Enthusiasts!

Grannyknot, just for you. ( and anyone else who's interested!) After sand blasting I found out just how much mud was in the hood. It was hit in the front at some point and the vent holes were also rotted out. Too much work to fix. I got the current hood by putting a wanted ad on Craigslist. Got it for $60 or $90. I wanted one with vents to keep the look of a 77 but took what I could get. The rims, also from from a wanted ad on Craigslist, I got for $50. You can see they were pretty corroded. I first sandblasted them in a harbor freight blasting cabinet that I bought just for the car years ago. Sanded and polished the turbines as best I could and taped them off. Duplicator graphite wheel paint, a coat of clear and 20 hours later, time to order tires.

Resized_20191128_103648(1).jpg

20200113_170748.jpg

20191128_131303.jpg

20191210_173500.jpg

• Like 2

Nice job on the wheels, they look great!  The stripped car pic looks like the car is pretty solid.  I've never seen the rubber bumper ends painted like that and now I know why.  Wow, are those ugly in white!  BTW, love the hat.