IGNORED

Clutch Master Mounting Bolts Question

2377kN

I'm getting ready to replace my clutch master and slave cylinders.  I'll be doing this solo and am wondering about the clutch master mounting bolts and nuts.  Do I need to secure the bolt inside near the clutch pedal so when I loosen the mounting bolts on the clutch master they don't just spin? Maybe I'm overthinking this.

Thanks

Can't remember for sure but I think that they are studs attached inside the firewall.  I would lube them up with penetrant and be careful when loosening.  I broke one loose from the firewall on either the brake master or clutch master and had to do some tricks to get it off and get it bolted back together.  Not sure that you can reach it from the back.

I might be wrong though.  Maybe it's nuts attached to the firewall.

image.png

Bolts are splined into the pedal box. Just tighten the nuts.  M8x1.25.

When you puts nuts back on or take them off, and the bolt spins, THEN you worry. Not before.

Edited by zKars

Thanks zKars.  I had that worry.  It was a lot of worry.  Mine was a 76 and not much rust, a PO must have used the old bicep torque wrench on it.  One of them still spun.  I think I grabbed the end with some pliers to get the nut moving and managed to work it off.  It was an unexpected pain.