IGNORED

How much do you pay your Z restorer?

grannyknot

Or what do you charge to restore a Z?   Is it charged out by the hour or the job?  I don't often pay others to do automotive jobs for me so I don't know what the going rate is and when I do a job for someone else I usually low ball it because I'm doing it for someone I know and feel weird asking for too much.  Would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks

I actually worked on someone's Z the other night.  I did it for free.  I only work on my cars for the most part and sub out various tasks like the metal body work, paint body work, engine machining, etc.  I sent my carburetors out and I sent out all my plating work.

The deal of the century minimum would be around $35 - $40 per hour for simple mechanical work.  Shops are easily twice that and some fancy restoration shop would be north of $100 per hour.  I always try to negotiate "projects" at a fixed price for a well described scope of work but even that is approximate.  You know, things change.