Turn signals indicator points wrong way! - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Turn signals indicator points wrong way!

Featured Replies

I had put this in the emergency forum.

I just installed a new dash in my 1972 240z and now the indicator light in the dash points the opposite direction of the lever.  The turn signals all work.  I had cleaned the contacts in the turn signal.  Brake lights work.  Flasher works.  Also, my left headlight is now real dim.  Any help is appreciated!

Does the dash indicator match the outside turn signal?

Dim headlight usually means a blown headlight fuse. The left headlight is the top right fuse.

  • Author

Turn signal lever is correct.  Push up and right turn signal lights come on but indicator light in dash points left.

You may have swapped the lights on the gauge.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

It depends. Do you have a dash cap on the dash? If not, you should be able to pull the tach easily.

  • Author

It's a new Vintage dash.  I'll try going through the tach.  Thanks.

28 minutes ago, marks240z said:

Can it be swapped without pulling dash?

Tiny hands.

  • Author

Yeah, I don’t see my hands going thru the tach opening.l

34 minutes ago, marks240z said:

It's a new Vintage dash.  I'll try going through the tach.  Thanks.

They're in the back of the tach.  So you won't have to go through the tach to get to the bulbs.  

These doppelganger threads are getting weird....

image.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.