IGNORED

'77 810 parts car. Not mine

That would be an L24E.  E for electronic fuel injection.  Not sure but I think that it has dished pistons, which allows a smaller combustion chamber in the head.  It's the (in)famous "M"N47 head.  The 810 became the Maxima.  You can put it on an L28 and get up close to 10:1 CR, I believe.  People like it.  @madkaw has used it I think, and knows the details.

Overall, it's a nice little L24 engine with EFI.  The transmission is basically a 77 Z 5 speed.  3.321 first gear, with 5th gear.  Good parts.  Worth collecting.  Fuel pump, FPR, injectors, fuel rail, etc., all will work on a Z engine. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zed Head said:

That would be an L24E.  E for electronic fuel injection.  Not sure but I think that it has dished pistons, which allows a smaller combustion chamber in the head.  It's the (in)famous "M"N47 head.  The 810 became the Maxima.  You can put it on an L28 and get up close to 10:1 CR, I believe.  People like it.  @madkaw has used it I think, and knows the details.

Overall, it's a nice little L24 engine with EFI.  The transmission is basically a 77 Z 5 speed.  3.321 first gear, with 5th gear.  Good parts.  Worth collecting.  Fuel pump, FPR, injectors, fuel rail, etc., all will work on a Z engine. 

Not sure that year had the infamous MN head . I think it’s more the 81-84 engines 

It would be an N47 EFI head, for an L24, for sure, I think.  But there might be two versions.  Could be that Nissan  changed head design and went to flat top pistons like they did with the L28.  Have to dig in to it more.

It's still an EFI L series.  Get the part numbers from the AFM and the ECU.  77 would have a 280Z type distributor also, electronic, with an ignition module by the fusebox.  Look for a cylinder head temperature sensor between the 5 and 6 spark plugs.  That's what the later "M"N47 heads used.  That didn't come til later on the 280ZX's.

It's a fairly rare car.

• Like 1

It's an interesting car but don't get carried away on value.  The parts are still old.  And people are still removing L24's to make way for L28's.  And the 5 speed is the older style. 

The easiest part to check and take would be the distributor.   AV8 might buy it from you, if it's good.  You've probably seen his Hitachi thread.

47 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

It's an interesting car but don't get carried away on value. 

I suggested $50 for everything associated with the engine/trans based on the fact that he said he'd take $150 for the whole car.  The wording in the ad seems like he's willing to part it out, or else it would simply say "whole car, will not part out".  But who knows about what people's real intentions are. 

52 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

AV8 might buy it from you, if it's good.  You've probably seen his Hitachi thread.

I have been following both that one and the L28 rebuild one.  If it has what he needs, or if the seller ever gets back to me, He can have it, just pay shipping.