Another brake light issue - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Another brake light issue

Featured Replies

Thanks Steve,

 

I had a look and still can't figure out why I have no turn signals or rear brake light. Looking at that diagram, it appears that my issue would be the hazard switch. I took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly and my hazard lights work perfectly. My issue might be the wires going to the hazard switch. How much voltage should I be getting on the wire going from the turn signal switch to the turn signal relay under the dash? BTW, all relay's are new and working and yesterday I took the turn signal switch apart and also cleaned it thoroughly and lightly sanded the tabs. 

This is really frustrating as prior to the hazard lights not working the turn signals and rear brake lights were working perfectly. I'm puzzled at this point

Any other suggestions?

 

Thanks again,

Steve,

 

Problem solved! I checked continuity and everything was fine. I opened up the hazard switch again and bent the contact tabs further out and that solved the issue.

Thanks so much for your help again and hopefully everyone can learn from this.

Edited by Electrolabs

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.