IGNORED

Anyone Running Cut OE 240Z Springs?

I'm not particularly satisfied with my car's ride quality with Tokico HP shocks and Eibach Progressive springs.  I have the new KONI's in hand and a set of OE spirngs and DO want to get the car lowered a bit more than it's current setting.  I'm thinking that with stock springs and the KONI's I can more easily tune the the ride quality.  Any comments on cutting the OE springs would be welcomed.

3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Mine were cut by the OPs mechanic in Huntsville. It rides rough, stiff I guess. They called it "clapsing the coil". It looks good but is harsh driving it.

If I had good struts it'd be okay I bet.

Thanks.  Perhaps you could count the number of coils on a front spring for me, OE is 10 turns from the tip of the wire to the other tip.  No rush on this.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

Thanks.  Perhaps you could count the number of coils on a front spring for me, OE is 10 turns from the tip of the wire to the other tip.  No rush on this.

Looks like they "collapsed" 2 of the ten. I'll count them Saturday. I need to rotate my tires anyhow. ?

20200312_122302.jpg

• Like 1

I run cut (2 coils cut off) springs on my late 260 race car along with Nissan Sentra jounce bumpers cut such that they are just in contact at curb height.  The cut springs and added jounce bumpers raise the spring rate from 120 lbs./in to 200 lbs./in.  They are still pretty soft, but I run large stabilizer bars.  The car handles great.

• Like 2