IGNORED

I just bought my 1976 Datsun 280z and it has a lot of suspension problems with it while going over bumps it makes a pretty terrible sounding thud noise in the front left and back right of my car any suggestions ?

turbo280z

3 minutes ago, turbo280z said:

The car has been flushed of all fluids I have just it done doing a brand new efi system in it. The car is a coupe I’m pretty sure but unable to tell of it is the 2x2. It’s a 4 speed manual as well if I’m driving you best bet it’s going to be manual ?

I don’t know those VW DSG gearboxes are pretty sweet of you ask me....

2 seats is a coupe, more than two (or space for 2) is a 2x2.

usually thuds over bumps can be the sway bar end links. However with that being said the last wheel thud I was tracking down ended up being the gland nut that holds the strut inside the strut tube. 

Okay sweet! It is a coupe! I have 3 original owners manual that come with the car and also I have over 2 boxes full of spare parts that come with the car! I will let you guys know what I find out about the suspension. Y’all have been very nice and very helpful with this project! I though i would’ve needed to spend over 3k just to make it safe to dive again. 

• 1 month later...

Congrats! What’s the production date on the door jamb plate? Early or late 76?
My first car was a 68 Ford Falcon Futura Sports Coupe. 289 hi performance V8. Basically a poor mans mustang....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk