IGNORED

Bilstein shocks

madkaw

8 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

Following...... I have a pair of these as well. Interested to know more about them too. Aside from the serial number there is a "40" stamped in these two.

IMG_2812.JPG

I believe I read a previous post you commented on these years ago. I have one that the shaft looks a little scratched, so not sure I can a complete set . I haven’t removed the front yet, but everything came apart easily. Like to run these but not sure without a complete set . Do you have the nuts also? I am going to test them based on the suggestions on the 2009 post . The car sat very square but it wasn’t drive- able at that time , so way to tell for sure . The fronts look adjustable with a smaller shaft. Did you have the fronts?

43 minutes ago, madkaw said:

Like to run these but not sure without a complete set . Do you have the nuts also? I am going to test them based on the suggestions on the 2009 post . The car sat very square but it wasn’t drive- able at that time , so way to tell for sure . The fronts look adjustable with a smaller shaft. Did you have the fronts?

I do not have the fronts. That was my concern with these, mixing them with some other brand up front. I do not have the nuts for these either. They came in a left over parts pile I bought. I looked through the 09 post again just now. Seems you could get them rebuilt. I looked at Bilstein's page too, and they list services but I am not sure what level service would be needed. ($$$) If I found some fronts I might inquire with them. 

I am running Illumina's. 

6 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

I do not have the fronts. That was my concern with these, mixing them with some other brand up front. I do not have the nuts for these either. They came in a left over parts pile I bought. I looked through the 09 post again just now. Seems you could get them rebuilt. I looked at Bilstein's page too, and they list services but I am not sure what level service would be needed. ($$$) If I found some fronts I might inquire with them. 

I am running Illumina's. 

I might be interested in them if my fronts look good . Someone should have a complete set ? - either you or me !

They can be rebuilt and re-valved, a kind fellow on here sorted out getting used front and rears re-built and re-valved in the US for me. I can't remember the company off the top of my head.

I have a pair of used Bilstiens (I can't remember if front or rear) that are gathering dust...

I’d like to have a complete set to try on my z . I have the same springs already . I’m running KYB’s and have been happy with them . Not in the same league as Bilstein . Curious that it looks like that only the fronts are adjustable . I should get more pics today 

I wanted to run these as well as they sure look like a solid strut. I just didn't want to mix them as I said earlier. It seems that we are in the same situation, looking for an opposite set @madkaw. If @RIP260Z has fronts or rears one of us might have a set. ?

I'll take a closer look at mine tonight.

Well- the fronts are Koni’s ! They are not as good of shape as the Bilsteins . I think both of my rear Bilsteins are okay - amazingly, since this car probably hasn’t been on a road in 20 years . The Koni’s are lifeless . Not sure if they can be rebuilt . Need to some research 

A18AC7F5-4FDE-4BB7-9F97-76186C3FF78A.jpeg

10 hours ago, RIP260Z said:

They can be rebuilt and re-valved, a kind fellow on here sorted out getting used front and rears re-built and re-valved in the US for me. I can't remember the company off the top of my head.

I have a pair of used Bilstiens (I can't remember if front or rear) that are gathering dust...

Well blow off the dust ?

• Like 1