IGNORED

adjustable roof rail on doors?

Matthewramstead

Hello, I have recently acquired new doors to put onto my 1978 280z, but the rails for the window area do not fit on my car.  The rest of the door fit fine, just not the metal part on the top.  Does anyone know if these rails are adjustable in any way or do i maybe have the wrong door?  I have a feeling that i have a 2+2 door but i am not 100% sure.  I've read that 2+2 doors are longer so it doesn't make any sense to me how I got it on in the first place if it is indeed a 2+2 door.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, there is a diff between a 240 and 260 2 seater door and it would not surprise me if the 280z door if different again.. you could have a 260z door (2 seater)  Pic's from the inside will tell..   Those glass surrounding stainless strips are adjustable but only a small amount.. I think you have the wrong door..

• 4 months later...

That door is definitely for 77-78 280, 2 seater. Definitely not 2+2, which is MUCH longer overall.

The earlier doors are totally different internally, latches etc, as is the window frame, there is no way this door could have an earlier window frame, they don’t mount the same way. This door appears correct for your 78.

This does not help you much as to why this door does not fit your car. 

Perhaps we need to see the door on, so we can see exactly how far out it is, how and where.

• Like 2