IGNORED

Camshaft locating plate

rem1313

First post. So, I just pulled my head to begin major cylinder head and engine overhaul on my 165k 1973 240z, and found that the cam locating plate was broken in half. Car was running fine but very low compression across the board that motivated the rebuild. I'm unable to find a replacement. Checked with Courtesy Nissan and does not seem to be available or local dealers. Does anyone know of a source for this piece? Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

3 hours ago, rem1313 said:

First post. So, I just pulled my head to begin major cylinder head and engine overhaul on my 165k 1973 240z, and found that the cam locating plate was broken in half. Car was running fine but very low compression across the board that motivated the rebuild. I'm unable to find a replacement. Checked with Courtesy Nissan and does not seem to be available or local dealers. Does anyone know of a source for this piece? Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

A used one would be fine.  Any idea on how the plate broke?  @borini63  sells parts, he might have something.  Shipping should be cheap.