IGNORED

Nice Set of Series I Wheels & D Hubcaps on Craigslist

lonetreesteve

Wheels are stamped 10-1970 and the D hubcaps are the earlier version. Also includes the original spare wheel with its original Toyo tire. Seller is asking $3,500.00. Here's the link and the seller's description: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/d/albany-datsun-240z-topy-wheels-early/7024858826.html

1970 Datsun 240Z OEM Topy steel wheels & early D hub cap wheel cover that includes spare. “Full set” I bought these wheels close to 10 years ago from a guy who bought a series 1 240z new in 1970 off the show room floor. He had the dealer pull these steel wheels off and install the common aluminum wheels. The dealer stuck these steel wheels & hub caps in a box and he put them in his attic. One day while cleaning his attic he realized he still had these wheels after all these years. The boxes were weathered when I bought the wheels but the boxes kept the wheels and caps in great condition. He even had the original lug nuts.
All the wheels have zero street miles aside from the rolling off the assembly line and being loaded on and off the boat and to the dealer. One of the boxes which was the one on the top took the brunt of the weathering so one of the caps has minimal oxidation. The rest of the early style D caps are in new conditions. If you look at the spare it has the same type of wear patterns (where the wheel meets the hub) as the 4 wheels. All 5 topy (oem) wheels are matching date codes of 10/70. The hub caps are the early version where the valve stem hole lines up with the spoke. The spare tire still wears its original Toyo tire from when it left the factory with zero wear & holds air.
The wheels have been sitting in my loft in new individual boxes to avoid damage and moisture.
It’s not common a full set like this comes up for sale. With the prices of some Datsun 240z cars hitting six figures this full set of matching date coded TOPY wheels and early D hubcaps with spare tire with original Toyo rubber will be perfect for the collector or high end restoration.

01010_dD1xi5JMKkOB_1200x900.jpg

00404_kItvFIBX9c9_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_8d9rCFHsOqW_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_8cPjBMahnv8_1200x900.jpg

• Like 3