IGNORED

Poly suspension install

lbpdz

Greetings -

When trimming down the rear transverse link bushings (sanding on a flat surface) does anyone have any particular recommendations on what grade(s) of sandpaper to use?  I don't see how using the all thread method to spread apart the arm would actually work to get it back together without bending the arm too far out of compliance to get the spindle pin back in.

Also, for anyone battling the clean up on the "Formula 5" poly grease, Tub o Towels cleans your hands right up, and cleans EVERYTHING off of the bushings and parts with no problems.  Highly recommended.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

lbpdz

• 1 month later...

Kind of an old post but I am just now reading it so....

I actually used a bench grinder with a medium to fine stone. I press the bushing surface against the side of the spinning stone. And, I don't press the bushing against the stone with the grinder powered on, running full speed. I power it on and off intermittently while I press the bushing against the stone. I never let the bench grinder spin at full speed. Took some time but worked well and ended up removing material evenly. 

Could also use a belt sander mounted in a vice  would think. If a belt sander, I would probably use something like 120 grit paper.

• 3 months later...