IGNORED

Mangoletsi Manifolds?

I just stumbled upon a site offering Mangoletsi triple side-draft manifolds. I had never hear of them before.

This thread Lists all of the ones I had ever seen mentioned and then some, and they don’t show up here either.

There are only two mentions of Mangoletsi on this site, and nothing very informative.

Any opinions?

—-

and while I have your attention, is there anything wrong with the Harada manifolds? They seem readily available and relatively low price.

Edited by Matthew Abate

11 minutes ago, Patcon said:

$483 pounds isn't very cheap

Precisely, which is why I’m eyeballing the harada.

one thing I’m wondering about these Mangoletsis is why all the extra casting? Is that a balance tube going between the inlets or just reinforcement.

Here is the manufacturer’s site: http://www.mangoletsimanifolds.com/manifolds/datsun.html

There sure is some big talk in the brochure!

Edited by Matthew Abate

"A well known problem with Weber manifolds for Datsun Zs is that the exhaust ports are interspersed with the inlets. Therefore a one-piece inlet flange is not possible. To avoid the whole manifold distorting, which causes the inlet ports to misalign with the cylinder head, the Mangoletsi manifold has carefully designed webbing and ribs to give extra strength and rigidity "

The low end torque design might be nice but many of the improvements are the kind of things racers are looking for. The little bit of bore offset I'm sure cost a fraction of power but most people will never know it. Now if you are measuring lap times you might see the difference...