IGNORED

Quality Z Car Inspired Leather Accessories

LBO730

Some of you will remember me (LBO730 - Bryan) from a few years back for developing the reproduction early style shift boots, emergency brake boots etc. for the early Z cars. You guys gave me overwhelmingly great support on that project. I'm still doing lots of stuff in upholstery and leathercraft. You can see a photo of the leather interior I did in my 75 280 in my photos. I wanted to see if you guys think there would be any interest in good quality leather wallets, key fobs, belts, wrist cuffs, mouse pads, phone cases, guitar straps, coasters etc. and maybe even purses & totes for the Z crazy females, all of which would be customized with something Z related. IE "Z", 240Z, 300ZX or just about anything you could come up with. (Making sure not to violate any copyright laws) Ideas & suggestions from the Z community would be great. You can see some of the stuff I've done on Facebook at Brookland Leather Co. Let me hear from as many of you as possible as to whether you think this could be a successful idea. Thank in advance for your input!

BL.JPG

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LBO730 said:

Mark - I posted some of my interior pics in my profile.  Feel free to take a look.

I checked your profile and you have a pic of the shift boot and a steering wheel... anything else? 

I am interested in both by the way... black with dark green stitching.

PM Sent. Please send me a price list for the items I suggested, if you can make them...

Edited by wheee!

Found some more pics! Door cards like yours, in black and green stitching with no holes pre-cut for window crank (power windows going in)

Steering wheel cover, same style shift boot and ebrake boot, visor covers, console cover (sides and flip over cubby cover), dare I ask for custom seat covers?

Z5.jpg

Z7.jpg

Z6.jpg

Edited by wheee!

Mark,  Outside of the shift boot and e-brake handle I wouldn't attempt to make a cover for something I didn't have in hand.  Too many variables in my opinion.  It appears that J F Customs does well at it but also have their problems especially with remedies and followup after the sale.  My door panels are actually the original panels with several modifications to get the custom look.  The steering wheel and sunvisors are pretty straightforward. The console isn't the original.  I custom built the one in the car from scratch primarily because I didn't know if I could actually cover the original and make it look the way I wanted.  The seat covers are made exactly like the originals with some foam added and additional padding in the covers.  

Are you saying you could make a kit for the steering wheel and sunvisors that could be attached by the customer? That is basically what JF is doing... 

As for the door panel, I would be interested in something as simple as what i sent you in the PM.

Again, if you don't want prices public, send me a pm for the cost of the shift boot, ebrake cover, steering wheel cover, visor covers, and a similar door panel design please.

Mark,  If you are willing to send me your steering wheel, sunvisors, door panels, your old shift boot and e-brake boot and the green thread you’re matching to I can cover/make new ones in black leather stitched with the green thread.  I assume all of your pieces are in good condition structurally?  Let me know if you’re still interested and I can give you prices.  I already have plenty of good quality black leather on hand.  I just finished the interior (seats, door panels, sun visors, steering wheel & dash pad of my 84 Vette in black leather with gray stitching.  I can cover your seats as well if you want to send them to me.  I’m in Bristol Va.

yeaaaah.... international shipping two directions plus custom leather.... Plus the original shipping cost to get the parts here (door cards from USA)... That's gonna put this out of reach unless you already had the patterns there from your car (same year as mine).

If I was closer this would make more sense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1