IGNORED

Rear Bumper Shock Removal

YZFMax

I'm in the process of removing the bumpers on my 260z, and removed the drivers side shock (had to drop the exhaust).  Now I understand that you need to drop the fuel tank to remove the passenger side shock, but do you also need to disconnect all the fuel lines?

I tried searching for this, but only mentions dropping the tank.  I don't really want to mess around with the fuel system, but will have to if I don't have a choice.  

Thanks!

If you can get someone to give hand there is enough slack in the hoses to drop the tank about 6" and move it to the D/S so you can get socket wrench up there to remove the 3 bolts holding it to the frame. You may have to loosen the wire clamp holding the fuel neck to the tank so make sure the tank is fairly empty if possible.

18 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

If you can get someone to give hand there is enough slack in the hoses to drop the tank about 6" and move it to the D/S so you can get socket wrench up there to remove the 3 bolts holding it to the frame. You may have to loosen the wire clamp holding the fuel neck to the tank so make sure the tank is fairly empty if possible.

Thanks for the information, this helps.  I will try to attempt this next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the rear passenger side bumper shocks removed.  Did what was mentioned above. 

1. Removed the fuel from the tank.  
8EEB0724-A6D4-4E0A-A023-CC09E123DB17.jpeg

2. Loosened up the clamp in the trunk that connects the filler neck to the rubber hose.  This is need to give some slack to remove the tank.  

3. I raised the car, then loosened up the tank straps.  This gave me some room to get to the end part of the filler hose that connects to the tank.  Once the hose has been disconnected, then it’s easier to move the tank over to the driver side. 
12932E60-57E6-48FE-B777-47B5A2135822.jpeg

73FF49B4-9513-4D4D-8A95-F316139D2448.jpeg

70B29E6B-FE1C-4E36-BCC6-BE5A0E4094B5.jpeg

4. Then removed the 3 remaining bolts for the bumbler shocks located above the tank, had to play around to remove the shock.  

5. Done!
056CCDDA-A5F8-47AB-AB55-0D48261ADA9D.jpeg

Edited by YZFMax
  • Like 1