Door switch grommet availability? - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door switch grommet availability?

Featured Replies

  • Author

The bezel is part of the switch now.

This is what I got and removed the rubber grommet for the right switch but it looks like the left one with the 4 wires is NLA. That said, you could just get one for each side and ignore the buzzer wire.

If you're saying I could buy the switch and get the bezel I'd by two of the right side switches just to get the rubber grommets.... and chunk the switch.

  • Author
34 minutes ago, 77Z said:

If you're saying I could buy the switch and get the bezel I'd by two of the right side switches just to get the rubber grommets.... and chunk the switch.

the bezel is molded into the metal of the switch housing

Edited by chaseincats

If this is a picture of what you're talking about, I don't think it'll work. That wouldn't cover the two holes in the '77Z door well which the grommet goes into. The grommet I need is as in the photo, roughly 3 in tall 1 in wide, rubber.

s-l640.jpg

  • Author

I'll take a pic of mine when I get home tonight - hold

EDIT: I checked and apparently I re-used the rubber grommet I had on there when I swapped out the switches

Edited by chaseincats

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I searched everywhere with no luck at all when I was getting the car painted a few months ago. Hopefully someone will reproduce them. 240Z rubber didn’t seem interested in taking it on at the time I inquired.

  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my interim solution. Apparently, 240Z was simply the chrome switch. 280Z added the big insulation grommet.

PXL_20250319_221246357.jpg

doorwell-grommet (2).jpg

Banzai Motorworks has them.

IMG_1712.jpeg

I got excited for a minute. But then the picture shows a bumper, not the dome light switch grommet. And it's the exact same shape but it's made of hard rubber and quite a bit taller. Totally different part. That little bumper is in the door well towards the rear of the car.

Thanks for trying!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.