Inner tie rod length? - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Inner tie rod length?

Featured Replies

Anyone know offhand how long the threaded portion of the inner tie rod is on a 240Z?

Added camber with new lower control arms and need to adjust toe out quite a bit more.

Want to make sure I do not go too far for safety reasons of course. Thanks.

Same amount as the T3 aftermarket RH thread versions.

I would start looking at aftermarket outers for the extra length

image.png

  • Author
1 hour ago, zKars said:

Not darn much to work with....

.

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

 

1 hour ago, zKars said:

Not darn much to work with....

No, talking about the other end where tie rod screws on to.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Super. Thanks zKars. Shows 2".  I have just around 1" out so I am good. I had it all back together and did not measure it,

so that saves me from pulling one end off again. I owe you one.

I ended up with a lot of toe in by lengthening the lower control arms so I needed to crank more toe out to bring it back.

Glad I had one handy. 

I'd want 1.5 times the diameter of the threads (M14) engaged for strength as a minimum. 21-22 mm, almost an inch. The threads are M14x1.5 LH and RH. There are vendors that have rod end solutions that might get you some more length.  Techno toy tuning comes to mind.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.