Dreaded steering rack..... - Page 2 - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Dreaded steering rack.....

Featured Replies

  • Author

 

this is what I spotted....

 

sfO9CA8.jpg

 

 

Which is this

 

OfEGmWK.jpg

 

 

Looks like the bronze bearing had moved

rybmG1x.jpg

 

Which would have been caused by this hairline crack

jrvJXyo.jpg

I cut the end off to press the bearing out once the crack was found. 

 

Well that's not good.

Do you have another rack you're going to put in, or are you thinking you'll weld that crack up and reuse that rack?

  • Author

I could do, Although I think i'll source another rack.

@Patcon Thanks for the thread link, great thread.

2 hours ago, Jason240z said:

I could do, Although I think i'll source another rack.

@Patcon Thanks for the thread link, great thread.

Thanks. It's about time to post an update as it is slowly moving again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.