IGNORED

Every one talks about thier dream Z.....

thefastestz

What is your dream Z?

Are you the guy who dreams of a flawless

original interior?

Are you the guy who wants a race car for the weekend?

Or are you the ZX driver proving you car to us early Z owners while we Zyoucruise? :D

Are you a Zed murderer and destroy your Z so we could find pics of it on ebay after it breaks down on you so much you have to sell and we post pics to throw up seeing it?

I dream of a Flared out blue 70-71 1/2 240z w?10" wide custom racing wheels i've seen on some cars, L28ET/modded out,

280z 5speed and an R200, roll cage and no compromises. Still trying to keep the interior looking as stock as swaybars and a roll cage will allow.

While owning another N/A 280z with a good V8 conversion and like 400 Fuel injected HP with a

6-speed(probably will never come true).Also flared with DEEP dish 10"wide wheels. With compromises like A/C, and am mild stereo system.

What is your dream Z,? I'm kinda curious what ideas you guys have for your cars.

that's a pretty good question... i definatly love my Z to death right now. she's a sort of performance restoration (even with italian carbs...) at the moment. although, at some point in my life, i would like to own a factory original 240Z (preferably one of the first 1000 off the line... but any 1970 would be cool), as well as a Z with a blown 327. i personally think that the 327 "sounds" more the part than a 350... a nice high winding V8, know what i mean?

although, at this moment, i could never picture parting from my Z (granted, i am only 19). she is my pride and joy, hands down, no questions asked. the EX girlfriend didn't like the Z though.... she (the Z) got more attention than her, or so she (the EX) said. but, oh well, that's life!

Originally posted by thefastestz

Are you the guy who wants a race car for the weekend?

I dream of a Flared out blue 70-71 1/2 240z w?10" wide custom racing wheels i've seen on some cars,.....

....5speed and an R200, roll cage and no compromises.....

....Still trying to keep the interior looking as stock as swaybars and a roll cage will allow.

....with a good V8 conversion.....

.....Also flared with DEEP dish 10"wide wheels. With compromises like A/C, and am mild stereo system.

What is your dream Z,? I'm kinda curious what ideas you guys have for your cars.

You've just described my car with a few differences.

My dream car is something very simmilar to yours by the looks of things but a no frills version. I'd forgo the A/C and sound system and go for performance. The sound and heat of an eight along with the smell of petrol is part of the experience for me.

As it happens I've just bought my dream Z (not dream car though, that's a GT500 Fastback). It's very close to what I'd have done to a Z if I had the money. Only a few things need changing to personalise it to my taste.

Red or Black 240Z

1 grumpy streetable 350 Chev

Custom extractors 1 3/4in

Custom dual 2 1/2in pipes

5 or 6 speed manual until the power gets too much then auto

Ford 9 in but since that's not possible an R200 would do

Custom adjustable suspension

Subframes and 10 point cage

Wide wide wide tyres. Can't get wide enough. Need that traction.

Original dash decked out with Autometer replacement gauges

Custom interior in a dark blue/black/grey with comfortable buckets

etc

etc

I'm building mine now....

'72 240Z

1" swaybar in front and 7/8" in back

F.I. L24 (N47 head with '78 F.I.

Stock interior with "240Z" embroitered floor mats

7" 'Turbine' wheels

MSA ground effects all the way around

'70 vent emblems behind the 1/4 glass

'Hybred' emblem under the fender emblem

All topped off with a deep matalic blue paint job.

I need a 280Z grill and turn signals - got one? PM me.

- Jeff

Eric, Lachlan is dreaming about your car again!

I'm driving my dream Z. But I do fancy restoring one complety and correctly from the bare shell to the last, plated bolt.

Untill then I live my Z and Roadster Dream. My ideal 510 is still out there, I can feel it.

I'm hoping I'll have my dream Z done by the end of this summer thanks to the great shape I got it in! Anyway, I'm not big on engine performance upgrades since the Z feels so fast already. I'm mainly out for looks. Shaved emblems and door locks, smoothed gas door, and a deep deep blue candy paint job. :love:

Craig

http://people.ucsc.edu/~crearly/Z.htm

Alfadog, you nailed it....but include a turbocharged motor that's balanced to 10K rpm, a six speed gearbox, fully adjustable race suspension, 5 point harness integrated into a tastefully done interior cage, and oh yeah, a place for the girlfriend to sit too; all this wrapped into the pictures you posted....well, off to work to make all that money I don't have.... :disappoin

1. 240z - stock standard and restored.

2. 260z (don't wanna ruin a good 240) - RB26DETT but with one massive turbo, flared arches, polished 5 spoke deepdish 16"s, lowered, nice spolier kit. What a sleeper

3. 260z (again) - 13b bridgeport (from s6 rx7), mostly as above.