IGNORED

Best Options for Budget Coilovers?

Hi guys,

I just completed most of the engine tune up work today ?

Now it's time to move onto the suspension. The stock suspension is very bouncy on our 1977 280z. My fiance and I are mainly going to be using the Z for driving around on the weekends and also for hitting the canyons every now and then. I want to lower the car to 1-1.5 inches. I don't plan on putting fender flares and maybe just using 215 tires on 16 inch wheels.

What do you guys think would be the best option for suspension? I was looking at Megan Coilovers for $800, CX Racing for $882 or just eibach springs and KYB struts. How do you guys like your setups?

Install was a straightforward process. It is detailed in my build thread. If you can remove the old set-up, remove the shock cartridge, the rest is fairly simple. The strut is trimmed at a height above the knuckle that allows for max grip and alignment to the coil over. A bead weld is run around the base (not onto the cast knuckle, but the remaining tube from the strut) and that's it. The 3 bolt system bolts right in. You can open up your shock tower like I did and get full access to the camber settings (and show off your fancy coil overs!). 

Start reading here: 

• Like 1