IGNORED

Tips to remove center console switches

AZDatsun

What is the easiest way to remove these from the center console. I have 78 280z and want to take them all out to clean them and service them.

I seems like they are stuck in there pretty good and I don’t want to break any plastic. I am referring to the row that contains the hazard switch/rear defroster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my case they popped right out...hake sure you have a flat and wide object  (e.g screwdriver). Make sure to open the hazard switch over a container. After having reworked 3 I would probably just flush them with contact spray but that might be just me 

Those switches just snap in with little plastic fingers kinda holding them in from underneath. Most times they aren't in there very tight and you can just pull them out from up top. If the console is out of the car, you can reach underneath and squeeze the plastic retaining fingers and make it easier. But even with the console in the car, they usually aren't that tight.

I'm thinking that someone spilled some Slurpee some years ago and they're stuck in there from sugar syrup.    LOL

back when i was working for Apple, we used these nylon probe tools for computers because they dont scratch/mar/ are ESD safe.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Menda/35622?qs=%2BmRqrm7NpdLuWhQqqlmbpQ%3D%3D

but this is a cheaper alternative

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-Nylon-Plastic-Spudger-Stick-Opening-Pry-Crowbar-Repair-Tools-for-iPhone-FIX/163163899355?hash=item25fd5385db:g:Zt4AAOSwBDlaqo~3

Super useful around cars, i use them for all sorts of stuff.