IGNORED

damper oil level

kully 560

I have a set of 1971 4 bolt carbs and it seems that my oil level in both never stay full. drive for several hundred miles and check the level and both are all ways just a little below the low mark on the damper plunger. like just above the round brass part on the plunger, is this normal for them to be at that level . thanks 

After you've filled the carbs with oil, how much resistance do you feel when you put the caps back on. On mine, I had to push them down with my thumb before the threads would engage. There was quite a bit of resistance. It took a couple of seconds to push each one down. Doesn't seem like much time but it's a short distance.

I did not take the carbs apart yet! I fill the oil between the 2 marks on the dip stick so it is between the  low and the high mark. I did not want to take them apart yet as I was checking with other members here to see what there results were. I know if they are over filled the motor will burn off the excess oil and this seems to be where my oil level wants to stay all the time low .the oil I have came from motorsport auto years ago so maybe it might be a little thin? so any way I ordered a few days ago the 20w 3-1 oil  will see if that will make a difference ? probably not!!!!