IGNORED

78 280Z

startt21

3 hours ago, startt21 said:

Would anyone near the Houston, Tx area happen to have a parts car that they wouldn't mind cutting removing the back panel from about the mid taillight up? 

It makes a better repair to just drill out the spot welds and get the whole panel, my 2 cents

• Like 2

5 hours ago, startt21 said:

I have that panel new cause that was my plan then the rust kept going and this is what I am left with.

I suspected as much. The license plate panel actually goes all the way to the bottom. It's one piece. There are about 50 spot welds but you have already done about half of them. It is a much more invisible repair if you just do the whole panel and get a donor from a wrecking yard

17 hours ago, startt21 said:

Well hopefully someone who has this part sees this.

In MY experience, that doesn't work very well (for me). For this type of part - you need to be pro-active in the search.

I would suggest contacting Z Car Source in AZ and show them what you need. ... https://zcarsource.com/

Good luck.

Wayne

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, startt21 said:

I have been. I reached out to them specifically today and just am trying to see now if I can get a better price. Theirs seemed a little steep. 

It's called supply and demand. They aren't making these cars anymore, so the prices will continue to rise..... If I had what you needed, I'd give it up.

EDIT: I found another link for you - but it's not cheap either... http://www.car-part.com/

Edited by wal280z
edit in bold
  • Like 1