IGNORED

SU Carb Sync Kit

ollie

I would not be able to close the hood and the shaft needs to be straight in order to function correctly. You could perhaps cushion the hood for a quick and safe run on empty road to read the gauge from the car.  I could clearly see the readings from the drivers seat but I wouldn't recommend it.  

I do have a unisync and could definitely try reading flow on that at 3000 rpms later today.  I will report back. 

• Like 3

Cool tool. It's not a direct measurement of airflow (like the flowmeters are), but it's better than nothing.

I assume set them to zero (or at least the same between the two) to match them before starting the engine? There's no guarantee that the distance from the top of the carb dome to the piston inside is the same between carbs.

I would also be a little tentative about driving around with those on the car. You won't have any suction piston damping and will lean burst when you press the gas pedal. One backfire (front fire?) and your dial indicators will likely be slammed to the limit and probably damaged.

• Like 1

Ollie, where are your choke cables coming out of your firewall?  You have the cables coming over the top of the engine, just wondering if they are going out of the normal driver side firewall opening, or you moved them over to the passenger side.

Also, like the cable clamps on the valve cover!

Edited by duffman

Set to zero with the car off then adjust with the collar if necessary...the brass fitting screws into the same threads as the damper so it is sealed.  I should load up a video but this shows the tool in action, albeit on a rolls:  

27 minutes ago, duffman said:

Ollie, where are your choke cables coming out of your firewall?  You have the cables coming over the top of the engine, just wondering if they are going out of the normal driver side firewall opening, or you moved them over to the passenger side.

Also, like the cable clamps on the valve cover!

Hmmm...mine is a 73 so perhaps my chokes route differently?  They do route through the firewall via the factory provision as far as I know anyway.  I will take a pic later on if that would help. 

If anyone has a good heat shield solution to clear that header I'm all ears!