IGNORED

wtb 81 82 or 83 maxima diesel

maxdiesel

33 minutes ago, maxdiesel said:

im looking for a 81 82 or 83 maxima diesel  perfer standard shift

Good luck with this search. Other than posting here, do you have any other searches that you preform?

I quickly searched http://www.car-part.com/  (their search engine is quirky - Maxima is segregated from Pre-1981 and Post-1982. Strange.)  No results for a diesel engine search. Doesn't mean that there isn't one sitting lonely in a yard, somewhere....

https://row52.com/home  Row52 can be your friend..... sign up and save a search for 1981-1983 Datsun Maxima..... Make sure you know the correct VIN code for the diesel engine WHEN you get a notification...

Five years ago, I would get a (local) alert for a Datsun every 6 months or so.... Now, I expanded it nationwide and it has become SLIM PICKINGS.....

Again, good luck with you search.

• Like 1

i trying to post on nissan diesel forum but i forgot my password i cannot find out how to log in there i have a maxima diesel but i was changeing the alternator and it shorted out no i have no power at all i hope to find someone who knows nissans to help or maybe if i can find another maxima diesel

Well, a few questions come to mind..

Do you search craigslist or similar?

How far are you willing to travel to obtain what you want?

What is your top dollar limit (to include shipping)?

There is a website called searchtempest, https://www.searchtempest.com/ that searches the parameters you specify (generally a xxx mile radius from your zip code - your limit to obtain items) It also has the option to not set a radius, as in nationwide.

To be clear, I don't have what you are looking for, but, I hope you are aware, you aren't the ONLY person looking for this engine...

Are you fixed on the LD28D or perhaps a 4 cyl diesel/trans may be suitable.

I'm just asking - don't read any discouragement - the more information you provide and what you want to accomplish may lead to other members wishing to help.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maxdiesel said:

i have a maxima diesel but i was changeing the alternator and it shorted out no i have no power at all i hope to find someone who knows nissans to help or maybe if i can find another maxima diesel

I'm not a rocket scientist, but if you only shorted an electrical connection, I'm PRETTY sure you don't need a different ENGINE. Maybe you need to search the web for an electrical diagram for your car.

• Like 1

im looking for another car not a engine i have looked at wiring diagram i have a factory shop manual and thats what i dont understand the wiring goes from battery to fuze links to alternator but i have power at fuze links and battery but not alternator if jumper wire is hooked from batteryplus to alternator battery everything works   

6 minutes ago, maxdiesel said:

.... what i dont understand the wiring goes from battery to fuze links to alternator but i have power at fuze links and battery but not alternator if jumper wire is hooked from batteryplus to alternator battery everything works    

Not to be rude, but have you tried public transit?

I hope that you carry a fire extinguisher in this car if you really like the car. Maybe I have misunderstood, but 'jumper wires' are a recipe for disaster.

Sorry, I have nothing else to add. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

18 minutes ago, maxdiesel said:

what i dont understand the wiring goes from battery to fuze links to alternator but i have power at fuze links and battery but not alternator if jumper wire is hooked from batteryplus to alternator battery everything works   

Didn't you just narrow down WHERE to search? Note: the wiring diagrams are more of a schematic, they don't actually show dimensions on WHERE connections are.

That said, look at the wiring diagram and compare to what the jumper wire is BYPASSING in order to complete the circuit in order for it to WORK.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

I have a 82 Maxima diesel 5spd in NC, have other parts, spare engines, and parts cars in MD. I have extensive experience w/maxi diesels since 1986. Private message if you would like to talk on phone. I've never been to this site before.

http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org/

I am diesel-man #10 on the member list formed 14 years ago.